- [Liturgical miscellany].
- 1400 to 1700
- Orthodox Eastern Church.
Forms part of the Kenneth Willis Clark Collection of Greek Manuscripts (David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University)
Format: Manuscript composite codex.
Title supplied by author.
Layout: [Codex I]: Written in 1 column of 14 lines; [Codex II]: Written in 1 column of 13-15 lines; unruled.
Script: [Codex I]: Small, beautiful, careful minuscule in an archaic calligraphic hand, written in black ink; headings and punctuation in red ink. [Codex II]: Small, late minuscule in black ink; uncial initials also written in black ink, slightly larger than the text.
Decoration: [Codex I]: Rectanguar bar ornamentation in red ink in the fore edge margin next to the heading (fol. 5r). Red ornamental initials, one measuring 11 lines high. Occasional ornamental penwork in black ink; [Codex II]: Black ornamental penwork (fol. 198) and black ornamental initials.
Former shelfmark: Phillipps MS 7758.
Title cataloged from existing description.
Two Greek liturgical manuscripts bound together: [Codex I, fol. 1-30]: Prayers and hymns for the morning office throughout the week; [Codex II, fol. 31-209]: Prayers and hymns by wise and notable men who flourished after the capture of Constantinople. One leaf loose. Part I has a few leaves missing; others neatly repaired. Part II has multiple blanks; several fol. stick out, possibly evidence of an earlier binding.
Binding: Bound in dark brown calf over boards.
- Orthodox Eastern Church--Liturgy--Texts--Early works to 1800.
- Orthodox Eastern Church--Liturgy--Texts--Manuscripts.
- Orthodox Eastern Church--Prayers and devotions--Early works to 1800.
- Orthodox Eastern Church--Prayers and devotions--Manuscripts.
- Orthodox Eastern Church--Hymns--Early works to 1800.
- Hymns, Greek--Early works to 1800.
- Manuscripts, Greek (Medieval and modern)
- Greek, Ancient (to 1453)
- 209 leaves :paper, illuminations ; 106 x 79 (86 x 57) mm
- Digital Collection:
- Early Manuscripts collection
- See catalog: https://search.library.duke.edu/search?id=DUKE006049992
- Free Re-UsePublic Domain
- Call number: Greek MS 041
- Sponsor this Digital Collection