Millard Fuller - "Theology of the Hammer" (August 14, 1988)
No Re-UseIn Copyright
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
- Millard Fuller - "Theology of the Hammer" (August 14, 1988)
Christians have a tendency to disagree on just about everything when it comes to doctrine and liturgical practice. What can bring us together and unite us, though, is the theology of the hammer. That is to say, we can agree that the Gospel requires that we respond to the grace of God by going out and serving the world. Habitat for Humanity is witness to the fact that working together to serve the poor can bring all types of Christians together. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 26:44. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 53:18.
Key quotation: “Come on and participate in the Theology of the Hammer. Let us get out here in the highways and byways, and build everybody in the whole wide world a decent, simple house in which to live.”
- August 14, 1988
- Fuller, Millard
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 VHS-0092
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- No Re-UseIn Copyright
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for research, scholarship, and private study. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection