Description supplied by Frank Baker: "a very important [document] relating to one of the major chapels of British Methodism, built to seat 1000, opened by Wesley and Dr. Thomas Coke in 1783, and described by Wesley as 'one of the most elegant in England.' This replaced the original Octagon chapel in Nottingham. It became a centre of controversy after Wesley's death. The leader of the Methodist New Connexion dissenting offshoot, Alexander Kilham, was buried there...it illustrates the way in which at this time Wesley and Coke were striving to pull together under Methodist control properties which had been erected under Methodist auspices but were under the control of local trustees. This is a guarantee that if Methodism helps to liquidate the debt on the building it will in fact be conveyed to the Connexion."