Trinity College (Randolph County, N.C.) collection, 1836-1990

Browse all 2 Items

Source Collection

This digital collection comprises selected materials from the following archival collection at Duke University Archives:

Trinity College (Randolph County, N.C.) collection 1839-1992

Collection #UA.01.02.0002 | 22.5 Linear Feet

Brown's Schoolhouse was established in 1838 in Randolph County, North Carolina. The school would go through iterations as Union Institute Academy, Normal College, and eventually Trinity College. The college relocated to Durham, North Carolina in 1892 and was renamed Duke University in 1924. This collection consists of administrative, academic, and financial records. Materials include accounting ledgers, roll books, student lists and rosters including lists containing the names of students from the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians, minutes and resolutions, financial and annual reports, account statements, addresses, sermons, correspondence, writings of Braxton Craven, and Trinity College publications.

Collection Guide »

Some materials and descriptions may include offensive content. More info