This digital collection comprises selected materials from the following archival collection at David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library:
Collection #RL.11292 | .2 Linear Feet; 2 videocassettes; 1 digital mp4 file
This black-and-white silent film clip is from the April 20, 1956 dedication of the Trent Room History of Medicine Collections at Duke University. The ceremony was held at Duke's Medical Library in the new Trent Room. Speakers include Mary Duke Biddle Trent Semans, Duke President A. Hollis Edens, Dean Wilburt C. Davison, John Fulton, and James T. Cleland. Attendees at the ceremony also included the Trent daughters. The recording is about two minutes long. The medical artifacts and books also briefly shown in the film are from the History of Medicine Collection assembled by Duke surgeon and faculty member Dr. Josiah Charles Trent (d.1948). Those collections are now in the Rubenstein Library at Duke University. Acquired as part of the History of Medicine Collections at Duke University.
Some materials and descriptions may include offensive content. More info