Interview with Tan Duisheng
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
- Interview with Tan Duisheng
- January 1, 2012
Tan Duisheng (b. 1931), who was the village accountant from 1955 to 1985, is a resident of Changxing Village, Gaolong Town, Chaling County, Hunan Province. In this interview, Tan recalls how he, as a village leader, attended meetings, organized villagers to construct blast furnace and build dikes, and managed the village finance, and how people ate tree bark, chaff, and etc. during the Great Famine. Tan also talks about how people destroyed the Four Olds during the Cultural Revolution.
Transcripts for this interview and more may be available under the ‘Documents’ link above. 采访抄录和相关内容，请点击查看上面的’Documents’链接。
- Digital Collection:
- The Memory Project
- Source Collection:
- The Memory Project Oral History collection | 民间记忆计划口述史
- Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC-SA 4.0
- Rights Note:
- Rights in these materials are owned by their creators and are licensed for reuse under a CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 License (English: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0. Chinese: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/deed.zh). For reuses beyond the scope of that license or for other questions about rights, please see: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection