Interview with Sun Xiuxiang
Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC-SA 4.0
- Files (2)
- MP4 Part 1
- MP4 Part 2
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- 90-SUN Xiuxiang-2012_blog-cn.pdf
- 90-SUN Xiuxiang-2012_blog-en.docx
- SUN Xiuxiang_email-cn.docx
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Interview with Sun Xiuxiang
- January 16, 2012
- August 1, 2010
Sun Xiuxiang (b. 1928) is a resident of Liangmeng Village, Zhuliang Town, Qingzhou City, Shandong Province. In this interview, Sun recalls that many people starved to death during the Great Famine, including her mother-in-law. Her son died eating the intestines of a dead horse. Sun also talks about a communist party member who boiled the flesh of dead bodies to eat.
Transcripts for this interview and more may be available under the ‘Documents’ link above. 采访抄录和相关内容，请点击查看上面的’Documents’链接。
- Digital Collection:
- The Memory Project
- Source Collection:
- The Memory Project Oral History collection | 民间记忆计划口述史
- Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC-SA 4.0
- Rights Note:
- Rights in these materials are owned by their creators and are licensed for reuse under a CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 License (English: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0. Chinese: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/deed.zh). For reuses beyond the scope of that license or for other questions about rights, please see: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection