Interview with Li Jiuxiang
- Interview with Li Jiuxiang
- January 8, 2014
Li Jiuxiang (b. 1930) is a resident of Futan Village, Jiangxi Province. In this interview, Li recalls the life in 1958. When eating at the communal canteen, the women could only get 6 Liang of rice for each meal. Because of hunger, people had to eat chaff and wild vegetables. No matter how bad the weather was, the villagers had to work in the field, otherwise they wouldn’t get food. Sometimes they were too busy working in the field that their family had to deliver the food to them there.
Transcripts for this interview and more may be available under the ‘Documents’ link above. 采访抄录和相关内容，请点击查看上面的’Documents’链接。
- Digital Collection:
- The Memory Project
- Source Collection:
- The Memory Project Oral History collection | 民间记忆计划口述史
- Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC-SA 4.0
- Rights Note:
- Rights in these materials are owned by their creators and are licensed for reuse under a CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 License (English: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0. Chinese: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/deed.zh). For reuses beyond the scope of that license or for other questions about rights, please see: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection