Interview with Chen Houying
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
- Interview with Chen Houying
- February 10, 2012
Chen Houying (b. 1940) is a resident of Diaoyutai Village, Hubei Province. In this interview, Chen recalls the villagers who died of starvation during the Great Famine and the hardship when building the railroads and the dams. Chen also talks about her ex-husband. Because her ex-husband's class status was not good, they were always bullied by others, and eventually she divorced him. Due to starvation and malnutrition, Chen didn't have much milk after giving birth to one of their sons. The baby died of starvation in less than six months.
陈厚英1940年出生, 是湖北省随州市殷店镇钓鱼台村村民。在这段口述中, 陈老人回忆了大饥荒时期被饿死的村民, 以及修铁路和修水利的艰苦经历。陈老人的前夫成分不好, 俩人经常被别人欺负, 她最终与他离婚。她还回忆到与前夫所生的一个儿子, 因为饥饿营养不良, 陈老人没有奶水, 不到半岁的儿子因此饿死。
Transcripts for this interview and more may be available under the ‘Documents’ link above. 采访抄录和相关内容，请点击查看上面的’Documents’链接。
- Digital Collection:
- The Memory Project
- Source Collection:
- The Memory Project Oral History collection | 民间记忆计划口述史
- Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC-SA 4.0
- Rights Note:
- Rights in these materials are owned by their creators and are licensed for reuse under a CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 License (English: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0. Chinese: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/deed.zh). For reuses beyond the scope of that license or for other questions about rights, please see: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection