France, Italy, 1955
No Re-UseIn Copyright
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
- France, Italy, 1955
- Margolin, Morris
RL10157-F16-0008 France, Italy, 1955 Reversal original, 16mm, silent, color 23:30 minutes
• Eiffel Tower, as captured from a boat cruising the Seine • views of Paris from the Seine: bridges, buildings, other boats • Margolins and friends on boat • miniature Statue of Liberty • more shots of the Eiffel Tower • Notre Dame from the Seine • man with movie camera on the boat deck, filming • visit to Versailles, including gardens, exteriors, and some interior shots • sign: "Marie Antoinette" • roadway with directional sign: "Paris" • close-up on directional sign: "Paris" • street scenes • Arc de Triomphe, eternal flame and flowers • Obelisque de Luxor in the Place de la Concorde • street scenes, Place de la Concorde • Dorothy walks toward camera at Versailles? • Dorothy interacts with woman selling lace • gates of Versailles? • woman selling lace • Dorothy gets into car • Dorothy crosses street, stops and poses near uniformed man, pans to large building • Dorothy poses on narrow street, outside of Cinema Photo store • exteriors of Versailles and the grounds, including Dorothy and Morris • countryside, pond with water lilies • sidewalk cafe, Dorothy at table • Brasserie du Musee • bicyclist on narrow street • Dorothy walks across empty square • sign on awning: Café A Tout Va Bien Tabac, pans to street scenes • exteriors of unidentified church • street scenes, bicyclists, pedestrians crossing street • Dorothy walks on cobblestone street, café in background • Dorothy pretends to hitchhike next to sign: "N5 Fontainebleau 8 Paris 66" • exteriors of Fontainebleau, Dorothy walks toward palace • interiors of Fontainebleau, including close-ups on artworks; some too dark to see • view of Fontainebleau from cafe • woman wearing a hat approaches a horse on the street, pets it; others follow suit • street scenes, shot from above; pedestrians and traffic • long shot of Dorothy, walks toward camera; Miramar [Hotel] in background • Dorothy walks toward camera, ocean and rocks in the background • Dorothy skips back toward water • close-up on the Miramar [Hotel] • street scenes • close up: Jean Patou • traffic cop directs traffic • beach scenes • Kodak store in background, Dorothy nearby; pedestrians and traffic in foreground • Dorothy considers shop offerings • Dorothy walks toward camera, casino in background, pans over to La Maison Basque • Dorothy poses against fence, shops and ocean in background • Dorothy outside of Casino Bellevue, walks toward camera • street scenes • Dorothy passes small art gallery, Exposition Moreau; stops to show off the paintings • Dorothy at café table with huge tray of seafood • Dorothy walks by alley that looks onto ocean • uniformed man outside of building • Dorothy in hotel lobby or restaurant? • beach scenes, bikinis, includes shots of Dorothy • Dorothy goes for a swim • Necresco Hotel in Nice, France • street scenes • shots of cityscape across the water • cars parked along street near ocean, sign: "Frontière" • bumper to bumper traffic at Italian border • sign: "Arret obligatoire des vehicules allant en Italie" • street scenes, architecture • narrow Italian street • Dorothy wanders through crowded city square • tops of ornate buildings in Genova? • street scenes, architecture • Dorothy? stands next to large columns • sidewalk scenes • aerial views of city, Christopher Columbus statue? • aerial views of harbor, ocean, apartment buildings • aerial view of horse (or donkey?) drawn cart • ocean dotted with sailboats • sidewalk scene • two men gesture, point • pans to café tables and chairs on open street near small inlet filled with boats • Dorothy wanders around, interacts with the two men • one of the men points camera toward Morris's camera • three men stand around, discussing • Dorothy looks at fabric? being sold at a stand • boats rocking in the inlet • Dorothy walks along street; boats, buildings, water in the background • Dorothy poses with the two men by the water • Morris and Dorothy, holding hands, walk toward water; joined by one of the men, they shake hands and pose • scenic shots of water, buildings and hills • Dorothy and the two men sitting at café table • Dorothy climbs into a donkey drawn cart • the two men sit at the café table • Morris talks to someone on the steps of the Monte Carlo Casino • Morris shows empty pockets and walks down the stairs • exteriors of the Monte Carlo Casino • Dorothy waves from parking lot • view of the cityscape • Dorothy walks along, stopping across the street from the Carlton • large promenade near beach • beach scenes • people gather at tourist site? Dorothy in background • unidentified church, Dorothy on street below it • sign: "La Provence" • quiet city square • signs on awning: "Hotel de France / L'Auberge de France" • police officer? stands near row of cars • Dorothy sits at café, smokes a cigarette, waiter comes by • Dorothy walks out of L'Hotel de Paris et de la Poste in Sens, France • sign: "Boucherie Chevaline"
- 23 minutes
- Digital Collection:
- Morris and Dorothy Margolin film collection
- Source Collection:
- Morris and Dorothy Margolin film collection
- No Re-UseIn Copyright
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for research, scholarship, and private study. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection