[Divine Liturgy of Saint Basil the Great].
- [Divine Liturgy of Saint Basil the Great].
- Alternative Title:
- Liturgy of St. Basil. Byzantine Greek. 1200
- Orthodox Eastern Church. Euchologion. Selections. Byzantine Greek. 1200.
Forms part of the Kenneth Willis Clark Collection of Greek Manuscripts (David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University)
Format: Manuscript roll.
Title supplied by cataloger.
Layout: the lines run transversely, not in columns. Writing space equals 110 mm, one column runs the full length of the scroll. Margins and lines ruled on flesh side for the full length of the scroll.
Script: Pendant minuscule script, perpendicular, with frequent backhooks on final strokes, in brownish black ink. Headings and initials in a faded red.
Title cataloged from existing description.
Parchment scroll containing the Liturgy of Saint Basil. The lines run traversely, not in columns. About eight inches wide, the scroll is more than six feet long. The original length was approximately fifteen. The beginning and end of the liturgy are wanting. The scroll contains a continuous text of the central portion of the liturgy with its parts for priest and deacon and choral responses.
- Greek, Ancient (to 1453)
- 1 roll :parchment ; 1920 x 210 mm
- Digital Collection:
- Early Manuscripts collection
- See catalog: https://search.library.duke.edu/search?id=DUKE006023482
- Free Re-UsePublic Domain
- Call number: Greek MS 009
- Sponsor this Digital Collection