Forms part of the Kenneth Willis Clark Collection of Greek Manuscripts (David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University)
Format: Manuscript codex.
Title supplied by cataloger.
1. fol. 1r-2r: Table of contents.
2. fol. 3r-31r: 1 September: Life of St. Symeon the Stylite [Bibliotheca hagiographica Graeca 1686-7].
3. fol. 31r-40v: 2 September: Martyrdom of St. Mamas [BHG 1018].
4. fol. 40v-47r: 3 September: Martyrdom of Anthimus, Bishop of Nicomedia [BHG 135].
5. fol. 47v-54v: 4 September: Martyrdom of Archbishop Babylas [BHG 206].
6. fol. 54v-60v: 6 September: Miracle of the Archangel Michael at Chonae [BHG 1284].
7. fol. 61r-67v: 7 September: Martyrdom of Saints Eudoxius, Romulus, Zeno and Macarius [BHG 1604].
8. fol. 67v-70v: 7 September: Martyrdom of St. Sozon [BHG 1644].
9. fol. 70v-77r: 8 September: Martyrdom of St. Severianus [BHG 1627].
10. fol. 77v-84r: 9 September: Martyrdom of Saints Menodora, Metrodora, and Nymphodora [BHG 1273].
11. fol. 84r-97v: 11 September: Life of St. Theodora of Alexandria [BHG 1730].
12. fol. 97v-101v: 12 September: Martyrdom of St. Autonomus [BHG 198].
13. fol. 101v-111r: 13 September: Martyrdom of the Centurion Cornelius [BHG 371].
14. fol. 111r-115v: 15 September: Martyrdom of St. Nicetas [BHG 1340].
15. fol. 115v-127r: 16 September: Martyrdom of St. Euphemia [BHG 620].
16. fol. 127v-136v: 17 September: Martyrdom of St. Sophia and her daughters [BHG 1638].
17. fol. 136v-143v: 18 September: Martyrdom of Saints Trophimus, Sabbatius and Dorymedom [BHG 1854]
18. fol. 144r-166v: 20 September: Martyrdom of Saints Eustace and Theophiste and of their children [BHG 642].
19. fol. 166v-171r: 22 September: Encomium of St. Phocas by Asterius, Bishop of Amasia [BHG 1539-40].
20. fol. 171v-184v: 24 September: Martyrdom of St. Thecla [BHG 1719].
21. fol. 184v-193r: 25 September: Life of St. Euphrosyne of Alexandria [BHG 626].
22. fol. 193r-204v: 26 September: Life of St. John the Evangelist [BHG 919].
23. fol. 205r-213v: 27 September: Martyrdom of St. Callistratus and his companions [BHG 291].
24. fol. 214r-224r: 28 September: Life of St. Chariton [BHG 301].
25. fol. 224v-236r: 29 September: Life of St. Cyriacus the Hermit [BHG 464].
26. fol. 236r-266r: 30 September: Life and martyrdom of St. Gregory of Greater Armenia [BHG 713].
27. fol. 266v: Blank.
Layout: Written in 2 columns of 28 lines; ruled in dry point.
Script: A minuscule written in Perlschrift, a highly standardized calligraphic; table of contents and incipits in burnished gold.
Decoration: 26 large illuminated headpieces at the beginning of each text, in various styles of foliage, ropework, geometric designs and flowers in gold and colors with elaborate interlaced ornamental gold initials in all. Pi-shaped illuminated headpiece at the beginning of the volume (fol. 3r), with rectangular gilded headbands at the beginning of each text. Titles in gold ink and illuminated initial "C" at the beginning of the volume (fol. 3r). Three-lined gilded initial at the beginning of each text; new paragraphs marked with two-line gilded initial. Some headbands (fols. 70v, 97v, 214r, 224v) contain what appears to be unfinished illumination; others (fols. 115v, 144r, 166v, 171v, 193r) were ornamented at a later date, probably in the late-Byzantine period. Around 750 initials set out in margins in gold.
Former shelfmark: Schøyen MS 192.
Former shelfmark: Monē Dionysiou MS 49.
Title cataloged from existing description.
Binding: Bound in a possibly 16th-century binding (judging from the approximate date of the writing of the quire signatures), of the "Greek" type (squared and grooved boards flush with book block, no ridges on the spine). Recently restored with new endbands, ribbons, flyleaves and blind-tooled brown leather. Pastedowns and outermost flyleaves (relined) probaby original to the binding.