[Writings against the iconoclasts].
- 188 images
Free Re-UsePublic Domain
- All Images (188)
- Currently Displayed Image
- Small JPG 400px
- Medium JPG 800px
- Large JPG 1,200px
- Full-Res JPG Original Resolution
- Please be patient with high-res and bulk downloads.
- Skip to Item Info
- [Writings against the iconoclasts].
- Alternative Title:
- Antirrheticus adversus iconomachos. Greek. 1500
- Theodore, Studites, Saint, 759-826.
- Sirmond, Jacques, 1559-1651, annotator.
Forms part of the Kenneth Willis Clark Collection of Greek Manuscripts (David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University)
Format: Manuscript codex.
Collation: Paper (Briquet 5922), fol. ii + 88 + ii ; 1-11⁸ ; quires signed in arabic numbers in the tail margin at the gutter of the recto ot the first leaf of the quire ; catchwords written from head to tail at the gutter of the last leaf of each quire.
Title supplied by cataloger.
Layout: Written in 1 column of 32 lines.
Script: Written throughout in one hand, likely a Greek scribe in Italy. Regular, rapidly written with a slight slant to the right, it is small averaging about 35 characters per 10 cm. The words are not separated.
Decoration: Running penwork ornament and floriated ornaments; initials and headings are in red ink. Throughout the scribe has added initial letters in the margins at the beginning of paragraphs.
Title cataloged from existing description.
Former shelfmark: Phillipps MS 3083.
Contains writings on inconoclasts and letters of Theodore.
Binding: Bound in parchment over cardboard in the style of eighteenth-century Dutch bindings, after it was in the hands of Sirmond since some of his annotations are within the gutter of the leaves, as on fol. 48r.
- Greek, Modern (1453-)
- 88 leaves :paper, illuminations ; 324 x 235 (250 x 164) mm
- Digital Collection:
- Early Manuscripts collection
- See catalog: https://search.library.duke.edu/search?id=DUKE006049911
- Free Re-UsePublic Domain
- Call number: Greek MS 040
- Sponsor this Digital Collection