[Menologion for December 4-13 by Symeon Metaphrastes].
- [Menologion for December 4-13 by Symeon Metaphrastes].
- Alternative Title:
- Orthodox Eastern Church. Menologion. Byzantine Greek. 1100.
- Symeon, Metaphrastes, active 10th century.
- Orthodox Eastern Church.
Forms part of the Kenneth Willis Clark Collection of Greek Manuscripts (David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University)
Format: Manuscript codex.
Title supplied by cataloger.
Layout: Written in 2 columns of 30 lines; ruled.
Script: Written throughout by one scribe in uncial and minuscule. He writes with a regular, rounded hand, pendant, with a slight slant in the direction of the text. He uses a heavily inked reed pen that produces strong serifs in both the initiation of the letter and in the penlifts.
Decoration: Interlaced ornamental penwork headpiece without a lined border in dark red and black. A few headings and some initials in red.
Title cataloged from existing description.
Binding: Bound in full calf, with gold stamped borders on covers, and marbled edges.
- Greek, Ancient (to 1453)
- 214 leaves :parchment, illuminations ; 318 x 231 (237 x 170) mm
- Digital Collection:
- Early Manuscripts collection
- See catalog: https://search.library.duke.edu/search?id=DUKE006041199
- Free Re-UsePublic Domain
- Call number: Greek MS 018
- Sponsor this Digital Collection