[Sticherarion, Triodion and Pentecostarion].
- [Sticherarion, Triodion and Pentecostarion].
- Alternative Title:
- Sticherarion. Selections. Greek. 1600
- Orthodox Eastern Church. Triodion. Greek. 1600.
- Orthodox Eastern Church. Pentekostarion. Greek. 1600.
- Orthodox Eastern Church.
Forms part of the Kenneth Willis Clark Collection of Greek Manuscripts (David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University)
Format: Manuscript codex.
Title supplied by cataloger.
Layout: Written in 1 column of 30 lines.
Script: Very clear, beautiful, small minuscule in a black ink interspersed with uncial letters. Titles in faded red ink. Musical notation in dark black ink above each line of text. No accents in the minuscule script. Suppletions in the musical notation marked in a red ink by a contemporary hand; signe-de-renvoi (fol. 15v).
Decoration: Ornamental penwork band in faded red ink (fol. 29r, 52v, e.g.). Ornate ornamental initials throughout in a red and faded red ink, measuring as high as 10 lines of text.
Music: Contains Byzantine musical notation.
Title cataloged from existing description.
Contains the Triodion, the Pentecostarion, Fixed Feasts for the Year, Stichera Alphabetica, Stichera Anatolica and Anastasima. The greater part of the hymns follows the Mt. Athos or Giletan tradition of the 12th and 13th centuries.
Binding: Light tan calf over boards.
- Greek, Modern (1453-)
- 176 leaves :paper, illuminations ; 210 x 140 (181 x 120) mm
- Digital Collection:
- Early Manuscripts collection
- See catalog: https://search.library.duke.edu/search?id=DUKE006063908
- Free Re-UsePublic Domain
- Call number: Greek MS 045
- Sponsor this Digital Collection