Dennis M. Campbell - "Seeing and Believing" (October 2, 1988)
Limited Re-UseUnknown Rights-Holder
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Dennis M. Campbell - "Seeing and Believing" (October 2, 1988)
There are different ways of assessing what we see when we look at the world. As Christians, though we see a world beset by the effects of the Fall, we also must say that we see Jesus and the virtues his life exhibits. This seeing is a seeing of faith rather than pure objectivity, and it requires a change in the actions of the Christian. That is to say, it requires the Christian to live the way they see Jesus lived. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 1:00:24. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 1:18:48.
Key quotation: “Seeing rightly, you see, has consequences. We will not be the same.”
- October 2, 1988
- Campbell, Dennis M.
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Ordinary Time
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 VHS-0100
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseUnknown Rights-Holder
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for research, scholarship, and private study. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection