George F. MacLeod - "The Cross" (January 23, 1955)
Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- George F. MacLeod - "The Cross" (January 23, 1955)
God came down as Jesus to sacrifice himself for our sins, thus reconciling ourselves and God. It is then our job as humans to continue praising and reconciling people with God, as the cross we can bear is giving thanks to God and love to fellow humans. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: "That's what worship is all about. That's what all these buildings are put up about, that all these sacraments are celebrated about. The sacrifice of our thanksgiving because there's no other sacrifice we can make. That we be made credible."
- January 23, 1955
- MacLeod, George F.
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 RR-0006
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for educational and non-commercial use. This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the license indicated here. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For other reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection