Clovis G. Chappell - "Road to Greatness" (February 9, 1958)
No Re-UseIn Copyright
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Clovis G. Chappell - "Road to Greatness" (February 9, 1958)
The greatness of Paul's life consisted in his singularity of focus and his forgetting the things that laid behind him and reaching forward toward the love of God. We ought to, then, focus our purpose on one thing, forget our sins, and look forward to the best that is yet to come. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 00:02. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 28:22.
Key quotation: “Right here is the biggest thing in the universe: the realization of the fact that God meant something when He created you, that He meant something when He redeemed you, and that you are a priceless personality.”
- February 9, 1958
- Chappell, Clovis G.
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Philippians 3:13-14
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 RR-0043
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- No Re-UseIn Copyright
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for research, scholarship, and private study. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection