James T. Cleland - "Triple Advent" (December 8, 1957)
No Re-UseIn Copyright
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
- James T. Cleland - "Triple Advent" (December 8, 1957)
Advent has three distinct aspects of preparation to it: 1.) It is a time in which we ready ourselves for the anniversary of the birth of the Christ child in Bethlehem; 2.) It is a time in which we ready ourselves for the entrance of the spirit of Jesus into our own hearts; 3.) It is a time in which we prepare ourselves for the second Advent of Christ, whose judgment is love. Therefore, Advent is a time of hope and good cheer for Christians, for it is a reminder to us that the world culminates in Jesus, so we need not fear the end. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 01:35. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 29:17.
Key quotation: “The Jesus whose birthday we look forward to, the Jesus whose spirit may be reincarnated in us, that is the person in whom our world will be consummated, therefore be of good cheer.”
- December 8, 1957
- Cleland, James T. (James Tough), 1903-1974
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 RR-0040
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- Related Resources:
- See below
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- No Re-UseIn Copyright
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for research, scholarship, and private study. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection