Elizabeth LaRocca-Pitts - "When Summer Ends" (July 22, 2001)
Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Elizabeth LaRocca-Pitts - "When Summer Ends" (July 22, 2001)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 0:08. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 15:12.
Amos prophesied that the baskets of summer – times when the Lord’s voice was plentiful – were waning, which Mary knew as she sat at the feet of Jesus while Martha busied herself; there sermon calls us to pause and gather deeply from the summers of our lives to prepare for when there is a famine of the Lord’s voice. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
- July 22, 2001
- LaRocca-Pitts, Elizabeth C., 1959-
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Ordinary Time
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 CS-1077
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Rights Note:
- This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the Creative Commons license indicated here. For more information see https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection