Charles Michael Smith - "Desperate People" (July 2, 2000)
Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Charles Michael Smith - "Desperate People" (July 2, 2000)
Sermon start time: 00:20. Sermon end time: 23:02.
In the face of our certain deaths, and those of our loved oves, our hearts can tend toward despair. Yet, through faith in Jesus, like Jairus, we can move from despair to doxology. While such faith will not allow us to control the circumstances of our lives and deaths, it will give us the courage to face it with joy. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: “Believing in, trusting Jesus with our life and with our certain death takes a lot of faith and courage. Believing in him will not put us in control of our life, but it will help us not fear anything that may come.”
- July 2, 2000
- Smith, Charles Michael
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Ordinary Time
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 CS-1020
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Rights Note:
- This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the Creative Commons license indicated here. For more information see https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection