Debra K. Brazzel - "A Hope That Does Not Disappoint" (June 7, 1998)
Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Debra K. Brazzel - "A Hope That Does Not Disappoint" (June 7, 1998)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 00:08. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 18:07.
Theologies of prosperity tend to produce a form of faith that crumbles when it confronts suffering. Paul reminds us, however, that we have a hope that is able to endure all forms of suffering and even allow us to boast in our suffering because it produces character. That hope is that God holds the future, and nothing can separate us from God's love. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: “When we know that God loves us and that our life and death is ultimately held in God’s hands, we can find courage to endure whatever suffering we face, trusting the future to God.”
- June 7, 1998
- Brazzel, Debra K.
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Trinity Sunday
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 CS-0909
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Rights Note:
- This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the Creative Commons license indicated here. For more information see https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection