Letter from George Story of Hull to his brother regarding his new position as head editor of the Arminian Magazine. In this letter he refers to a series of letter from the previous head editor Mrs. Fletcher, those are John Wesley's letters. John Wesley (1703-1791) was an Anglican minister and theologian who, with his brother Charles and fellow cleric George Whitefield, is credited with the foundation of the evangelical movement known as Methodism. The Arminian Magazine, founded by John Wesley, was retitled the Methodist Magazine in 1798 and as the Wesleyan Methodist Magazine in 1822. In 1791, Wesley's trusted Yorkshire preacher and amanuensis, George Story of Hull, took charge of the magazine. On the other side of the page there are several newspaper clippings attached, among them a "Plan of the Royal Exchange", and an Evening Hymn by a young lady.